Wednesday 21 January 2009

Yuck

Went for a walk this morning because I haven't been in ages. I woke up at nine though. I should have just given it a miss - it's already so hot by nine, and I'm not one of those people who's face sweats. Does that make sense? It was explained to me in science back in year 9 or 10 (whichever year I had Mrs. Touma) about how your face is supposed to sweat so as to cool you down. Well, I sweat everywhere BUT my face, which turns a lovely shade of purple. Good fun. It's only now, two hours later, that it's finally returned to a semi normal shade. Yuck.

In about 10 mins some people are going to come to look at the house. They're going to be really young - one of them will be 17. Imagine living out of home at 17. No thanks. I'm 23 and I wish I was still living at home.

I spent yesterday cleaning out my food cupboard after realising that somewhere down the line I had spilt soy sauce all through it. Great. BUT, it did allow me to see what was actually in my cupboard. Funnily enough I have four types of sugar in there - white, raw (unopened), brown and icing sugar. All were bought for things I've baked, although I think my grandma gave me the raw sugar (no idea why). Plus, I realised that all of those packets of recipe bases that Lara sent me from Germania expire in February, so I've got to get cracking. See? Silver lining. Except that even after I wiped everything down, it still all smells of soy sauce.

Last night I went and saw Bride Wars with the group. I do love my romantic comedies, but **spoiler alert** I'm tired of movies where they suddenly decide that the boyfriend isn't right for the girl, even though he has been wonderful the entire movie - think Sweet Home Alabama. I dunno, it just bugs me. Especially when they don't set it up properly, and midway through the movie start giving him a few crappy traits. But it still had a happy ending, and that's pretty much all I care for.

After that we went to dinner at a pizza place on Darby St which was very yum, then ice cream on the beach, or at least, looking at the beach.

Today's a bit of a nothing - just waiting for the landlords to come over and the people to look at the place... which was supposed to have been 10 mins ago ... then getting new contacts this afternoon, thank god. I've been wearing my glasses for about a week now and they're so old that everything's still really blurry. I was hoping to get both glasses and contacts, but money's tight, especially considering I have to go to the dentist tomorrow. I had to hit mum up for money. ARGH.

Cannot wait until my scholarship money comes along in April.

No comments: