Sunday 4 January 2009

Oh Hell No!

My housemate has been smoking inside the house. Oh no she did not! Y'all know how much I hate cigarette smoke, but people chose to smoke and I respect that. All the smokers I know are respectful of the fact that people around them don't smoke and so they make an effort. This is a non-smoking house. I was fine when Lisa was smoking on the front balcony. That's cool, whatever. She'd close the glass door when she was out there so nothing could get into the house. Then yesterday I smelt smoke outside her room and it had spread through the house. It was outside my door, but luckily not in my room. I wasn't going to say anything, just in case she had just left the screen door open to the balcony when she was smoking (which happens to be outside my room. Grr), but just now, when I know she hasn't gone outside her room today, I went to do my laundry and there's smoke outside her room again.

And now I have to say something to her. I hate doing this. I hate when people put me in the position where I do this. But smoking inside a house I have to be living in is unacceptable. I don't want to be around it, and I don't care how much of a nark I sound like.

No comments: