Sunday 18 January 2009

Drama drama drama!

So Em and Mel came over for dinner and we watched Roman Holiday afterwards (Gregory Peck, sigh). Towards the end of the film we hear a girl scream, so we look at each other and go, huh? I thought it was a neighbour making a playful scream, but when she screamed again, crying "Get away from me," we all got a little worried, especially after it was followed by a guy yelling and banging.

We crept down the driveway and I, for the first time in my life, and hopefully the last time, called 000. And, everyone knows that I'm not the most concise person in the world, right? Well, add to that the fact that I'm whispering so my abusive neighbours don't hear us, I'm nervous as all hell and I have the shakes from the adrenaline coursing through me. I couldn't even remember my street name. I look at Emma and she's like, "Park something?" and suddenly I remembered I'm on Parkhill. Luckily the 000 call centre has magical maps because they were able to figure out the name of the cross-street where we think the house is (please, if I can't remember my street name, do you really think I'm going to remember the name of the street that joins it?). The woman on the phone also reassured me that I'm not just some nosey neighbour pokin my nosey nose into other people's business.

No idea how it all turned out, but I hope so bad that the girl is OK.

No comments: