Monday 22 December 2008

Wasted Day, or just a Lazy Day

Today I finally had a day off and it's been crap. Lol. Yesterday I only worked a half day and it was fabulous: woke up in a good mood, ate a croissant, read travel magazines, luxuriated. Today I went to bed reasonably early considering I had today off (10:30/11ish), woke up at about 8:30 after a terrible sleep, and then did nothing all day. I lay in bed and watched Race to Dakar and that is all. Trent came round at 2pm to give me a Christmas card to my extreme embarrassment because I was still in my bloody pjs with no sign of getting out of them. I'm still in them, in fact. I was thinking of inviting everyone round for dinner tonight but I'm too lazy to get out of my room, let alone cook!

Meanwhile, I've been cheering myself up by going through travel magazines and getting ideas for next year. I've also borrowed Europe on a Shoestring from work to really get started.

5 comments:

Nicole M said...

The bulkiest motherfucking book to ever travel with. Do not get stuck carrying it the whole time like I did. Never again. And I have told all involved, never again.

Sarah said...

I know. I took one (not LP, but another travel guide) to the US and refered to it, oh, twice. The best thing I did was go to the library and borrow their city specific books and just write ideas out from them the day before leaving for that city. That's why I'm spending the next 6 months borrowing travel guides from work and writing all my destination ideas down...

Anonymous said...

go and look at flylady! with no shoes on and in your jammies all day, its no wonder you felt like crap!
www.flylady.com

Sarah said...

Lol. Will do!

Anonymous said...

wow, how awesome is that trent kid?!? i want to have his platonic children