Wednesday 10 December 2008

Chasing Paper

So, for those not in the know, I'm going to be spending these holidays working. The End. I've basically been working since the 27th November and it's not letting up until Christmas Day. And each week I'll have to be travelling down to Sydney to work with Stephanie for my mum. I went down last week straight after work on Wednesday which finished at 11pm so I got there late and had barely any sleep at all and worked heaps. I had to stay there until Saturday because I had been asked to work Saturday. I hadn't asked how many hours I would be needed for, but when I got there at 3pm it turned out it was just for 2 and a half hours. It was so not worth it. I'll probably get $80 for that time, but could have potentially made more from Borders... that's if I was given a full day, but who can say? As it is, I seem to be getting nowhere with my money situation. So far everything's gone on bills and rent. My Germany savings are still somewhere around the nowhere mark. In fact, going down to Sydney for Stephanie only earnt me $300, minus about $30 in petrol, and just the general exhaustion that came with it, coupled with the fact that Steph's mum just called me to confirm my hours last week, meaning she hasn't paid me yet, and at the earliest I'll get the money on Friday. Grrr.

Meanwhile, seeing as I like to make myself miserable, I'm reading When In Rome. There's something so sweet and sour about reading travel memoirs: I love to read about people's experiences and hope something like that could happen to me, but it's coupled with the knowledge that I'm stuck here reading about it rather than actually doing it...

1 comment:

hookeymonster said...

do they even happen? or am i not open wide enough to let new and exciting opportunities happen when i'm away somewhere?