Monday 15 June 2009

First Lesson

So, I had my first lesson this afternoon. It was OK. I felt really under prepared even though I was prepared... I dunno. The end of it kind of fizzled into nowhere. And the kids were talking through the whole lesson. I did the staying silent thing, the standing next to them thing, the touching the desk thing... none of it worked for very long. We'll see. Also, it's so hard teaching them something they've never read.

I dunno. I have them again tomorrow and I have to think of a way to teach them the theme of love in the play. And make it interesting.

You know what would be good? Having the bloody assessment task. At the moment I'm teaching them to write a speech on themes in the play. The end. Boring.

Anyway, I got some great feedback from Cory so that's really helpful. Argh!

That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment.

No comments: