Monday 2 February 2009

Rollin' with my Homies

So I'm at home. Last night I got in at 8, then left at 8:30 to meet up with Nicole for coffee and to get our bitch on. It's what we do. Gotta love Castle Hill though - Coffee Club is under new management that obviously doesn't want any business because it was closed when we got there. I know it's a Sunday night but give me a break - this isn't the 50s. Open your store. So we had coffee at Eurolounge and, being the advanced, intelligent creature I am, I left my cardigan at home (it's summer and so hot - how was I to know there'd be a cool change) we had to leave very soon after. Another sign of weirdness, Eurolounge doesn't take EFTPOS for amounts under $15. >>insert Muttley's mumbling here<< So then we headed off to Pennant Hills and sat in Cafe Insomnia until it closed at 10:30. Stupid Hills District. Just because it's the bible belt doesn't mean that people only leave their houses to go to church on Sundays. They also go out for coffee, damn it!

Today was nice and breezy though. I wrote about 50 cheques for Nan and did a bunch of little chores around the house (me: who does this when I'm not here? Nan looking at me like I'm crazy: I wait for you) then went to Dural Country Club for lunch. I read The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and was killed by the ending. WHY???

Now I'm just killing time. I'm going to cook dinner soon, hang out with Jonas a little and then Rachel's heading over when she finishes work for our regular Lame Movies Night (yes, capitals. This is an EVENT, people!). The only movie that I know for sure we are watching is the one we have been waiting for all year - there was almost as much hype in the lead-up to this film as there was for Goal 2 - THE LIBRARIAN 3!!! What will our dashing Librarian get up to this time, I wonder? Slaying dragons, finding the lost treasures of the forgotten hippos of the Himalayas?? Who can say? Well, I'll be able to say later on tonight. Oh yeah.

No comments: