Wednesday 23 July 2008

The world begins at a kitchen table. No matter what, we must eat to live.

And then some of us, like myself, eat a bit more than that.

Lame title, I know. I've just been flicking through the poetry book I'll be using this semester for my creative reading and writing class. First one is tonight. Looking forward to it.

So classes started up again on Monday. This semester seems like a lot more work than the last one, and it's only going to get harder. :( That's cool though. EXCEPT, yesterday I had my tutorial for my Professional Preparation 1B class and I don't know how I will go with another 13 of these tutorials. My teacher is the slllllloooooooowwwweeeeessssssttttt person in the world. She talks so slow that the lesson ran overtime and we still didn't finish what we were supposed to do because of the rate she speaks. I really cannot tolerate it. My knee was pumping up and down the entire lesson and I just wanted to finish all her sentences for her. Maybe she's from the country, cos I've noticed country people talk slowly, but that's really not an excuse. Watch television, and take careful note of the speed at which people should be able to function. Not only was she slow, she had absolutely no clue what was going on. People were asking questions about the first assessment and she had no idea of the answers, and kept giving the wrong ones. 13 more weeks. How does it make sense that the lecture is better than the tute? That is NEVER the case, yet this woman has managed it.

Oh, remember my printer dying on Sunday? Well, I called the store and asked them if I could exchange it, which they said I could, got there, returned it, went to pick up a replacement from the section, and Oh! They didn't have a replacement, even though the guy on the phone said they did. Yuhuh. So then I had to go to their store 20 minutes away and picked it up there. Not happy, jan. Picked it up, got home, started the setup process... and then it must have shorted or something because it switched off and refuses to switch back on. Tried it in many different plugs around the house. Nothing. I was ready to throw it through the window. I'm going back today to exchange it again, but this time I think I'm going to get a cheaper printer - something that just prints, screw the copy and scan option. I obviously cannot deal with technology.

I did my tax return this morning. I'm only going to be getting about $700 back. Not happy. Stupid scholarship. Lol. I have to pay tax on the $1500 allowance they give me, AS WELL as "fringe benefits tax" on the money they pay for my HECS - only, with fringe benefits tax you're not taxed on what they pay, but on what they pay PLUS 95%!!! WTF! So there's all this added money everywhere that I have to pay tax on. Grrr. I was hoping to get over $1000 cos in September it's time to pay my insurance and rego for my car, and I was hoping to be able to cover it all. I think I'll pay my registration and maybe pay insurance by the month, which is sucky, cos I KNOW I won't be able to afford that. I do have some money in "savings" (I say that because there's no such thing as savings when you have the credit card debt I have), but I was hoping to buy a Macbook. My laptop is shitting me and I just want something that works. My housemate and one of my friends both have one, and it just seems so good. Maybe I should just keep the money and use my craptacular laptop. Even though it sucks arse. I don't know. I'll see how long I can hold out this semester with things annoying me. Priorities priorities!

No comments: