Monday 7 July 2008

This is the way the world ends

Haven't posted in awhile because all I've been doing is working. I had yesterday and today off and then I will continue the working cycle. Working fulltime sucks. Seriously. All you do is wake up, go to work, come home, then sleep. Sure, you sometimes have a Gossip Girls night thrown in for good measure, like I did last Thursday, but it's still a shitty cycle, cos when you do something on a night you have to work the next day, you bugger the system up. So for me, it begins again tomorrow.

So tomorrow I have to register for my tutorials, but I'm going to be at work, which is so bad! I've got Mel signing me up for a couple of classes when the system opens at 12 for those, but the education classes which open at 2 I think I'm screwed for. Goddamn. Plus, I've been working on my timetable and it is so bad. I'll be at uni on Mondays from 9am until probably 5 pm, then I'll be at uni all day Wednesday. I loved my timetable last semester, where everything was on 3 days and I wasn't rushed or anything. On Mondays I'll have to carry every single book I have, and have no time for anything. ARGH!

I'm stressing about uni because I realised I start up again in 2 weeks. I haven't even felt like I've had a holiday. It's so stupid. Plus, I can't figure out when the exam results will be released. Just checked my textbooks for this sem- it looks to be about $300. I can deal with that. Still have the money left from my scholarship payment. And it looks like for my Creative Reading and Writing class we'll be reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathon Safran-Foer, which I've read before, but I leant it to a friend a couple of weeks ago who is going overseas. How many years has it sat on my bookshelf, and then I lend it to someone when I will need it. Lol. Oh well.

So with my panic about not having any time left, I am running around today to buy my notebooks and things and then meet up with a friend for coffee.

I also have to share that I finished reading Twilight last night. Oh My God. Absolutely loved it. Cannot believe I'm reading Young Adult books again. Lol. Everyone at work is reading this series at the moment and is completely obsessed, which has got me hooked too. I can't wait until the movie comes out. I know this is so lame, but I'm kind of hooked. Love Edward Cullen. Lol.

So these holidays were supposed to be my reading holidays and I'm kind of disappointed. I've only managed to read four books: Breath by Tim Winton, The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova and Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I'm going into work today to get the next book in the Twilight series, and hopefully I'll have them all read by the time uni starts, otherwise I will get nothing done this semester.

Man, this was such a waste of a post.

No comments: